What Personal Information About Customers Does DriverRegistration.com Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your experience at DriverRegistration.com. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes of registering you and your vehicles in driving events, responding to your requests, customizing our site for you, and communicating with you.
You provide most such information when you create a profile or register for an event. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone numbers; drivers license number, date of birth and credit card information. This information will only be shared with the club or organization hosting the driving event in which you are registering.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses DriverRegistration.com.
- E-mail Communications: DriverRegistration.com will use email to help process your event registration. We will not sell or rent your name to other companies. We will share your email address only with the clubs whose events you have chosen to register in.
- Information from Other Sources: We do not receive information about you from other sources and or add it to our account information.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features such as remembering your username - to speed your log-on on process. We use a session cookie to maintain information about your visit with our site. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of DriverRegistration.com's features, and we therefore recommend that you leave them turned on.
Does DriverRegistration.com Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below and with subsidiaries DriverRegistration.com controls that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control:
We work closely with many different car clubs and automotive enthusiast organizations. When you register for a driving event, we share the information you provided in the event registration form with the club or company hosting the event.
We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf such as processing credit card payments. These companies have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Promotional Offers:
DriverRegistration.com does not send offers on the behalf of other businesses.
- Protection of DriverRegistration.com and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of DriverRegistration.com, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent:
Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last five digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
Which Information Can I Access?
DriverRegistration.com gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with DriverRegistration.com for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information. You may edit your personal profile, your vehicles and submit an application to register in driving events with our affiliated clubs and driving enthusiast organizations.
What Choices Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to register in an event.
- You can add or update certain information on pages such as those listed in the "Which Information Can I Access?" section above. When you update information, your new information immediately supercedes any existing records.
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, disabling cookies may cause unintended behavior in our site and is not recommended.
- The Federal Trade Commission provides useful information about online privacy on its own Web site, Site Seeing on the Internet.
DriverRegistration.com does not sell products for purchase by, or provide services to children. If you are under 18, you may use DriverRegistration.com only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
DriverRegistration.com is a participant in the Safe Harbor program developed by the U.S. Department of Commerce and the European Union. We have certified that we adhere to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles agreed upon by the U.S. and the E.U. For more information about the Safe Harbor and to view our certification, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce's Safe Harbor Web site.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit DriverRegistration.com, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of the law of the state of Florida. If you have any concern about privacy at DriverRegistration.com, please send us a thorough description to the administrator, and we will try to resolve it.
Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, but you should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Related Practices and Information